Thursday, April 19, 2012


I know Sara and Michael from my church community.  And while I don't know them incredibly well, I do know from our occasional interactions that they are one of the friendliest couples in Nashville.  I saw them a couple of times during their pregnancy, but didn't think to ask if they would like a few photos of Judah until after his birth. 

We set up a quick Saturday morning home shoot and Judah was pretty lively the entire time.  Being my first time photographing a wee one, I was a little concerned with how to go about working with a baby.   Sara and Michael were so patient and we kept trying to put Judah into the child's pose, but he wasn't having any of it and turned it into more of a frog pose.  Sara tried rocking him to make him a bit easier to pose.  He still wanted to do his own thing afterwards, but some of my favorite photos from the morning were the candid ones of a new mom snuggling with her firstborn. 

After sitting on the photos for about a week and a half, I revisited them and was quite pleased with how darling the photos came out.  So without further adieu, I present handsome, little Judah to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment